Are you ready to build a high trust culture that delivers outstanding business results?
The Journey of Trust is a suite of leadership development programmes for organisations that believe that the world is ready for a different type of leader: a leader who uses ability, integrity and benevolence to build trust in an ever more transparent world.
Join us on the
journey of trust
The highly respected Edelman Trust Barometer reveals that, in 2017, trust is in crisis around the world. In the UK, only 46% of people trust business leaders to do what is right and barely 37% regard a company CEO as a credible spokesperson. Leaders that respond first to tackle this trust crisis will secure a competitive advantage for themselves and their organisations.
The business impacts of having a high trust culture have been well documented. These impacts can be summarised under the triple bottom line headings of results, relationships and reputation.
“Since 2009 America’s most trustworthy organisations have delivered 81.6% ROI compared to 46.3% ROI of the 500 largest companies in the US in the same period.”
“Compared to employees of low trust organisations, employees of high trust organisations report 74% less stress, 50% higher productivity, 13% fewer sick days and 76% more engagement.”
“75% agree a company can take specific actions that both increase profits and improve economic and social conditions in the community where it operates.”
The Trusted Executive Foundation has partnered with the AoEC to help organisations step-up to the trust building challenge and develop high trust cultures that deliver the triple bottom-line of results, relationships and reputation.
The resulting partnership has produced The Journey of Trust, a full suite of trust-based leadership development opportunities that equip your leaders with the mindset, behaviours, tools and techniques that underpin high trust organisational cultures.
To give you a taster of the Journey of Trust, listen to Paul Williamson, Head of Talent at Ambassador Theatre Group, discussing the impact of his Leading Lights leadership programme incorporating executive coaching and the trusted executive workshop:
Click on the question headings to reveal more detailed information about the programme:
What is the Journey of Trust Leadership Development Programme?
Dr John Blakey, author of The Trusted Executive, and prize-winning doctoral researcher on trust, has developed a leadership trust model designed specifically to help business leaders build trustworthiness amongst the various stakeholders.
The Journey of Trust Leadership Development Programme explores and establishes these nine personal habits with the help of an accredited coach from the AoEC, cutting-edge workshops and confidential peer support from executives sharing the journey.
Where does the journey start?
The Journey of Trust can start in a number of different ways:
- An organisational trust survey which will capture the trust pulse of the organisation and create a rich organisational diagnostic based on the nine habits of trust.
- A ‘Trusted Executive’ workshop where senior leaders will be introduced to the three pillars and nine habits of trust through an interactive and engaging half-day session.
- An inspiring conference keynote session delivered by John Blakey to a wider management group in which John will share his findings on the trust crisis in leadership and highlight the risks and opportunities for business leaders at this time.
Please contact us via email@example.com if you require any further information on the above options.
What’s the business impact of the programme?
The impact of the investment in this evidence-based programme is to develop a high trust culture which in turn leads to an energised and innovative environment at work in which people feel safe, trusted and confident to take the initiative and do their best work. Tony Simons and Judi Parks at Cornell University found that a 1/8th improvement in line manager trustworthiness led to a 2.5% increase in company profitability and concluded ‘no other single aspect of manager behaviour that we measured had as large an impact on profits’.
In addition, to agreeing specific financial goals for the programme, the Journey of Trust will also focus upon achieving measurable goals in the area of building inspiring relationships and developing a cast-iron brand reputation for the company, as these are both critical assets in delivering sustainable success.
Is this journey for individual leaders or for teams?
We recommend 12 to 15 senior executives to take the Journey of Trust together. They will need to have the support of an internal coordinator to assist with the administrative aspects of the coaching sessions over the course of the 10-12 month programme. For smaller numbers of participants, we offer an open programme, where 2-3 senior executives from one organisation can join with similar numbers from other organisations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
What are people saying about the programme?
Here is a variety of testimonials from clients that have experienced the Journey of Trust:-
‘John delivered an inspiring keynote at our Entrepreneur of the Year event. He was spontaneous and dynamic in pitching his session at just the right level for our audience of entrepreneurs. I am sure that those present picked up on his passion for the topic of leadership trust and left with new thinking and renewed commitment to step up to the trust-building challenge. An excellent contribution.’ — Neil Meredith, Partner, Ernst & Young
‘John wowed a room full of seasoned marketing directors on the topic becoming a trusted executive. His cutting-edge research, practical experience and entertaining anecdotes captured everyone’s attention as we learnt about the three pillars and nine habits of trust. The session was a powerful wake-up call. Thank you John.’ — Lucy Hogarth, MD, The Marketing Centre
‘John enthralled sixteen CEOs on the topic of trust for 3 hours – no mean feat! He took us on a fascinating journey of trust from the big picture to the nitty gritty and left us with clear, practical take-always. It was a memorable session which I would recommend for all leaders who wish to transform their trust-building skills’ — Kate Fletcher, Vistage Chair
‘John delivered a barnstorming session which inspired and motivated some of Europe’s top leaders at the SIINDA (Search and Information Industry Association) conference in London. John had delegates on the edge of their seats as they took on board his thought-provoking messages about the trust crisis in leadership today. His nine habits model gave everyone a practical road-map for building leadership trust in their own organisations. The auditorium was buzzing with excited discussions at the end of his session. Thanks, John, for an energetic and inspiring talk!’ — Kimberli J. Lewis, General Manager, SIINDA
Tony Shields, Managing Director, Crystal Legal on his experience of the Trusted Executive 360 Review:
"The process was simple. Templates and guidance make the invitation for responders easy and the process is managed with complete. The report output is substantial; in addition to anonymised responses there is detailed analysis which produces strengths and suggested development areas and provides gap analysis comparing self and views of others. I also had the benefit of discussing my report with a coach and this provided some deep insight. This process is valuable to any leader who is striving to improve the relationships with their stakeholders"
The programme enables a ‘win/win’ between helping individual leaders at the same time as achieving specific organisational objectives with both aspects informed by leading-edge academic research on trust.
Alternatively, get in touch to find out more
- At NAHL Group, our commitment to being a trustworthy business to both work in and with is one of the cornerstones of what makes our Group of companies different to so many others. The Trusted Executive programme is key to this and we’ve been hearing about the Nine Habits of the programme from the perspective…
- In our continuing series of blogs about the nine habits of The Trusted Executive we chat to Shirley Shinkfield, Service Development Director for Bush & Co about what ‘Deliver’ means for her, her role and her business. The Trusted Executive – The Skeleton it all hangs off “The Trusted Executive is a great way to…
- Thank you to Hannah Banks, Operations Manager, SearchesUK, for this reflection from someone who is 'walking the talk' with the Nine Habits of Trust:- NAHL Group has recently celebrated its second cohort to graduate from its Leadership School. This training programme is an intensive course which pushes participants out of their comfort zones and allows…
- Thank you to Adam Nabozny, Managing Director, Legal Services, NAHL Group plc for this interview with someone who is 'walking the talk' with the Nine Habits of Trust and a valued member of our Trusted Executive Fellowship Board:- Adam has been with the NAHL Group for two and half years and is proud to work…
- Thank you to Russell Atkinson, CEO, NAHL Group plc for this interview with someone who is 'walking the talk' with the Nine Habits of Trust and leading the embedding of these behaviours at this market-leading organisation:- How important is trust in your marketplace? Our largest business is in personal injury, which is a sector that…
Vistage 2020 business priorities - Customer engagement http://dlvr.it/RQWlJ1
We build trust through demonstrating honest and open behaviours. If you want to lead the way in your organisation, get in touch with a member of the team at http://www.trustedexecutive.com for more details and next steps.